Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Baccalaureate Service – Mystical Rose Oratory on the Chaminade University/Saint Louis School Campus
- Honors Ceremony – Clarence T.C. Ching Conference Center located on the second floor of Eiben Hall, Chaminade University Campus
- 2:00 pm: Baccalaureate Mass
- 3:45 pm: Honors Ceremony
Baccalaureate is a traditional time of blessing and giving thanks. At Chaminade, Baccalaureate is celebrated as a Mass at which everyone is welcome. Graduates, families and friends are cordially invited to attend.
The Honors Ceremony recognizes all undergraduate students graduating with Honors as well as those receiving the Outstanding Student Award in their respective majors. The ceremony is estimated to last 2 hours.
Qualifications for Honors
Candidates for a bachelor’s degree who have completed at least 60 hours with letter grades at Chaminade University may be awarded honors at graduation:
- Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.51)
- Magna Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.76)
- Summa Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 3.96).
Candidates for a bachelor’s degree who have completed 30 but less than 60 semester hours with letter grades at Chaminade University and who have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.51 may be graduated with Distinction.
Your designation at the time of the ceremony is based upon last semester’s grades. Any change in the designation based upon this semester’s grades will be reflected on your transcripts and diploma.
- Honors cords will be distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
- Master’s Degree students will not be awarded Honors since attaining your Master’s degree is an honor in itself. Master’s degree recipients will be hooded on stage at the commencement ceremony.
- If you are a student participating in the Honors Ceremony, you will need to attend a rehearsal on the day of the ceremony (December 17) beginning at 1:00 pm in the Clarence T.C. Ching Conference Center.
- Attire for the ceremony is business casual – aloha attire is also appropriate